Try these 10 abs workout to get lean abs easily.
“How to lose weight fast, specifically: belly fat.”
Having a very large tummy isn’t necessary but If you’re tired of your stubborn belly fat or belly pouch; these simple 10 Abs workout may help you to lose weight and build lean ripped Abs. It is important to note that exercises are not for everyone so it’s best to consult your physician before embarking upon any lifestyle change.
I personally do these easy exercises once or twice a day to help me keep in shape and burn off excess calories. If they worked for me then you should have some success in getting lean core abs also.
Getting abs isn’t an easy process that happens overnight. It requires a lot of hard work and actually keeping them is a lot more difficult. However these exercises are great, easy and super effective to help you get one step closer to shedding your stubborn belly fat and building rock solid lean abs.
Now let’s go through the top 10 abs workout that I use and you can too, to get amazing results.
- Abdominal Crunches
Ab crunches are one of the most popular core workouts because it has been producing amazing results for many people. Hence the reason it’s number 1 on our list of top 10 abs workout. The exercise may be easy for some, but might be a little difficult for others; especially if you’re beginner. It is best to start at a low paste and as your body gets accustom to the exercise, you can increase the momentum.
How to perform abdominal crunches?
- Lay your back flat on the floor; feet straight out with hands behind your head
- Raise your head up; hands behind your head with your back digging into the floor
- At the same time, bring your knees towards your chin while raising your head almost to touch your chin. (If you’re a beginner, you might not be able to bring your knees too close to your chin, but as time progresses you will get more flexible.)
- Revert back flat to the ground and continue performing reps of 10 or as much as you can. Always take rest when needed.
- Focus on lifting your shoulder blades off the floor
- Keep a space between your chin and chest
- Russian Twist
This workout is perfect to help you lose belly fat and build oblique abs to get amazing results. For the best results you may consider using a dumbbell, however if you’re limited on equipment; you may leave out the dumbbell.
How to perform Russian Twist Ab Workout?
- Begin by sitting on the floor in a 90 degree angle with your legs straight out
- Bend your knees like youre about to perform a crunch; then lean your back into a 45 degree rotation
- If you’re using a dumbbell; hold the dumbbell with both hands straight out in front of you. If not, put your hands in a fist.
- Start by twisting only the top of your body all the way to the left, then to the right. If performing with a dumbbell, keep both hands on the dumbbell, lean back and twist side to side.
- Keep in the 45 degree while performing the Russian twist. The more you lean back, the better your chances of results.
- Try not to lean too back where you’re almost laying on the ground.
- Avoid moving your legs
- To make the workout a bit more intense, keep both feet off the ground in the air while twisting
- Lying Leg raises
Lying Leg raise exercises can be done in many different forms such as with one hand, both hands and no hands. In this post we will be covering leg raises with no hands.
How to perform lying leg raises ab workout with no hands?
- Firstly, lay flat on the floor with your hands near your legs; keep your feet together straight out
- Begin by lifting your left leg in the air to a 90 degree angle then back down.
- After 10 reps switch over to the right led. (you can do the left leg, then right leg or one leg at a time; it’s up to you)
- Consider doing both legs at the same time or intertwine the workout with single leg raises.
- Avoid moving too fast and keep the tension in your core.
- Try not to lower your feet too close to the ground to challenge the ab muscles.
- To increase the intensity of the workout you may lift your head to crunch while you do the leg raise
- Side Planks
Planks are one of the most famous difficult ab exercises but will get you amazing results on your oblique. One of the main benefits from performing plank exercises are they help to make your core stronger. The plank workout can be performed in many different forms; however our main focus here is the side plank.
How to perform Side plank exercises?
- Lie on your left side; keep elbow and wrist inline on the floor. Your feet should also be straight out and your body in a straight line.
- Begin by going down and up with the plank for 10 reps.
- Next, switch over to your right side and hold the plank for the same amount of time you spent on the left side. Perform 10 reps going down and up.
- Perform the side plank push-ups on both sides at an equivalent time
- Avoid moving too fast or going out of form
- Keep your elbow and shoulder in line. Take breaks whenever you need to and know your limits.
- Try as much as possible to keep your body straight. After a while you will begin to feel the burn in your core muscles.
- Make sure your form is correct
- Incline Sit ups
Incline sit ups are great for reducing belly fat quickly however is one of the most tedious exercises to perform. Most people who try incline sit-ups eventually fail but doing it will provide you with many ab benefits. This workout can be done at the comfort of your home or at the gym; minimal equipment needed.
How to perform Incline sit ups?
- Get on top of chair and clamp your feet around foot holder/ source for grip. If you’re performing the exercise on the floor; clamp your feet to the ground or have someone hold your feet to avoid it from moving.
- Lay back firmly with hands behind head then lean forward slowly trying to bring your head to touch your toes.
- Perform the exercise by going back and forth in reps of 10 or as much as you like.
- Be sure to keep both feet gripped for stability.
- Avoid losing form, keep body firm
- Inhale when you lean back and exhale when you come up
- If you’re using an exercise chair; raise it obliquely to a 45 degree angle or if performing the exercise on the ground no equipment would be needed.
- Hanging Leg Raises
Hanging Leg Raises are equal to V-ins but with a little twist. For this exercise you will need a firm bar to hang or hold on to when performing this exercise. Make sure the bar is stable before beginning the exercise to avoid injury.
How to perform hanging leg raises exercise?
- Firstly hold onto bar and lift both feet off the ground
- Crunch or lift both knees in towards the chest then push both feet out straight
- Straighten out your feet and perform the exercise in reps of 10.
- This exercise is a bit difficult so avoid straining your or losing form
- Your hands should be maintaining your body in the air
- Oblique crunches
This exercise is one of the most popular ab exercises great for getting ripped muscles in the core. This exercise doesn’t require any equipment and can be done at the comfort of your home or at the gym.
How to perform Oblique crunches exercise?
- Firstly go into a plank position like you’re about to do a push-up
- Begin by lifting your left leg and try to connect your left knee to your left shoulder then bring your feet back together. (You should be back in the plank position where you started.)
- Reciprocate with your right knee attempting to touch your right shoulder then back into the plank position.
- Perform these exercises constantly as a daily routine
- Avoid leaning or slouching
- Make sure you don’t lose your form
- Your knee may not be able to touch your shoulder, but close enough will work
V-ins is another unique ab workout great at helping you lose belly fat and build lean abs. This workout doesn’t require any equipment but a mini mat is great option if you’re going to be performing the workout on the floor.
How to perform the V-ins workout?
- Firstly begin by sitting on the floor in a 90 degree angle with your feet straight out.
- Keep hands to the side of your waist or at the back of your head
- Crunch in or attempt to bring your knees close to your chin then back out
- Keep hands firm and back leaned in 90 degree
- To spice it up you may keep your feet off or on the ground
- To spice it up you may keep your feet off or on the ground
- Pike ups
Pike-ups can be done in fast or slow motion depending on your experience and body type. There are no equipment necessary to perform this exercise however if you will be on the ground an exercise mat or alternative is recommended.
How to perform pike-up exercises?
- Begin by getting into the plank position but for the pike ups you’ll have to push your but into the air while stretching your legs and pushing the back of your feet into the ground.
- Next, begin by doing a full jump into a crunch, to bring your feet close to your hands then jumping back out.
- The pike up exercise can be performed by piking up and back or walking in then back out.
- Take breaks when needed
- Make sure your form is correct to avoid injuries
- Double leg raise
Last on our list of top 10 abs workout is the double leg raise. This ab workout is very effective to help lose tummy fat fast and give amazing ab results. No equipment is needed to perform this exercise however a mini mat is optional if you’re going to be performing the exercises on the floor.
How to perform Double leg raise?
- Firstly, begin by lying flat on the floor, your hands right by the side of your waist.
- Raise both feet in the air then bring them down
- You may also reciprocate with one foot at a time
- Perform the exercise in reps of 10 or as you like
- Keep head in the air and work core
These top 10 abs workout once performed consistently will get you amazing results, but not overnight. Here I only list the top 10 most effective exercises for targeting the core to help you lose stubborn belly fat. If you would like more exercise routines, a fitness program like Focus T25 will be best for you. The workout are made up of 25 minutes of high intensity exercises which not only target your core, but also the chest and legs likewise upper and lower body. Checkout Focus T25 to see if this workout is for you. These exercises listed are not for everyone, therefore its best to consult your physician before embarking upon any exercise regimen or lifestyle changes.