The Flu and cold can be the most annoying and irritating experience to have (temporarily). I know this from experience because I always get the cold once a year on July 13 to be exact, for some strange reason. But what if there was something you could take to make it go away instantly? There are actually a few remedies that will help you get rid of your flu and I listed 14 tips to help you get through your journey. These are not all chemical pharmaceuticals you may find at your local pharmacy but rather natural healthy superfoods (fruits and vegetables) packed with infinite nutritional ingredients to help build and protect your body. These superfoods are healthy and help to nourish your body. They also help boost your body’s defenses to ward off attacks from germs and viruses that cause colds and flu. Have fun reading and feel free to share this article with your friends and families. 14 Tips to help you get rid of the flu:
- Turmeric The first Anti-flu, Anti-cancer, Antifungal, flu-cold fighter, etc etc is the world renowned Turmeric curcumin. This miracle superfood is filled with infinite health benefits from lowering blood pressure, lowering cholesterol, preventing inflammation, treating diabetes, boosting immune support, prevent liver disease and more. Turmeric may be consumed in tea form from the natural blub steamed/boiled or taken in supplemental form.
- Drink lots of water The second way to get rid of the flu is by consuming large amounts of Drinking lots of water to keep your body hydrated helps wash out germs inside the body and keep the body hydrated. When your body is dehydrated, it’s at an increased risk of germs latching on and not letting go. So be sure to drink plenty of water and natural drinks to help your body stay hydrated and ready.
- Virgin Coconut oil is very health and is one of the best superfoods on the earth. This healthy saturated fats rich oil has anti-cancer properties, weight loss enhancement, prevents kidney stones, prevents heart disease, kills candida, lowers cholesterol, enhance brain function and fight flu like symptoms. Coconut oil can be consumed in pure oil form or liquid gells.
- Citrus fruits/smoothies/drinks. Among the many citrus fruits to choose from oranges are most recommended. Oranges are filled with immune boosting Vitamin C to help fight flu like symptoms. One orange a day provides your recommended daily allowance of vitamin C. Oranges are also abundant in flavonoids, which helps your body’s cells regenerate and stay healthy and strong.
- Green Tea is great to fight flu and cold like symptoms likewise known for its many health benefits such as weight loss and cancer prevention. Green tea provides the most antioxidant polyphenols, notably a catechin called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), which is believed to be responsible for most of the health benefits linked to green tea. EGCG is also the secret behind green tea’s flu and cold fighting ability. Green tea can be taken in supplemental form or tea form.
- Green bell pepperspossesses anti-flu and cold properties likewise the vegetable family’s best vitamin C source. These healthy superfoods are detoxifying, immunity boosting and offer anti-cancer and many antioxidants. Green bell peppers are in salads, can be added for seasoning in your favorite dishes, or simply slice one up and eat it raw or roast. Flavonoids are also found in peppers. You may even want to prepare a green pepper dip seasoned with garlic for an added germ-kicking effect.
- Fruit natural Yogurt One unique flu-cold fighting secret are all natural yogurts. Yogurts are recommended because they are healthy, nutritional and help keep the body hydrated. Generally they are available in different flavors combined which can help ward off colds. It has to be yogurt with live cultures, as this is the key ingredient that helps keep the GI track ready to rumble. And an added bonus to eating yogurt – recent studies suggest regular dairy consumption helps you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
- Garlic will also help get rid of your annoying flu like symptoms. Garlic contains allicin, an antibiotic that has been shown to prevent complications from a cold in some research. Garlic also helps lower blood sugar, combat allergies, aids digestion and lower calories. Garlic can be added to many of your favorite dishes to spice them up and help you suit up to do battle against cold germs.
- Rest Whenever you are diagnosed with the flu or recognize you have flu like symptoms; resting is very important to help your body recover. Since your body’s auto response system (Immune system) is already fighting the bacteria and viruses attacking your body, avoid getting over working or exercising. This may put a strain on your body and worsen your condition.
- Mulitvitamins These should be taken on a regular basis especially if you do not consume the necessary amounts of essential nutrients. Multivitains can help to increase the immune system’s defense mechanism and ward off bacteria and viruses in the body.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Among the many health benefits apple cider vinegar offers, helping to get rid of the flu is one of its greatest strength. Simply mix 1-2 table spoons full in a glass of water and drink throughout the day. This will also help to keep you hydrated while fighting the flu symptoms at the same time.
- Cinnamon is mostly used in beverages and as a flavoring agent but it offers many health benefits to include relieving cramps, reducing gas and fighting cold and flu like symptoms. Simply get a few fresh pieces of cinnamon and either put it to boil or put it a cup and pour some hot water over it and cover it and leave it for a while. It is best to drink this and other teas without sugar especially if you’re already diagnosed with diabetes.
- Take flu medications: This should be done with your doctor’s or physician’s consent. Generally a pharmacist will recommend some over the counter drug like Theraflu or Advil cold and flu to help relieve your flu and cold like symptoms.
- Avoid alcohol: Alcohol deactivates certain parts of the brain, and reduces other bodily functions likewise weaken the immune system. Therefore this is not your best option whenever you are diagnosed with the flu. Alcohol also makes your body lose a lot of water and may cause you to become dehydrated.
Generally whenever you get a flu or cold, your body just needs some rest. The flu may last between a few hours to a few days depending on your body’s capabilities to fight off the flu. If your symptoms persist, you should contact your doctor immediately. Avoid smoking or alcohol drinking which may worsen your condition. Rest is very important to help you recover quickly. Here I have listed 14 tips to help you get rid of the flu, if you like it; feel free share it with your friends. Also if there is a tip that I didn’t list, feel free to comment it below.