Coconut oil health benefits are now surfacing the internet as many people are now discovering it’s helpful for hair and skin treatment likewise aiding some health conditions and weight loss. In this coconut article you’ll get a complete understanding of:
- What are coconut oil health benefits?
- What is virgin coconut oil
- 20 usages for virgin coconut oil (you did not know)
What are Coconut oil health benefits?
Coconut oil is simply oil extracted from the coconut and is known to offer many health benefits. This isn’t any new discovery to the health industry. In fact, the coconut water, food (copra) and oil has been in use for many hundreds of years by the prehistoric people. Only recently this popular oil rich in healthy saturated fats has been surfacing. Coconut oil is used by everyday people for many purposes through: soaps, beauty cosmetics, medicines, cooking etc. Unlike most superfoods, virgin coconut oil is remarkably known for its infinite health benefits to include weight loss, skin treatment likewise preventing diseases like cancer, diabetes, heart disease and hypertension.
It is important to note that NOT all coconut oils are created equal or offer the same health benefits.
Doctors mostly recommend virgin coconut oil or extra virgin coconut oil which does not undergo the process of heating which typically reduces the many health benefits. For more information about virgin coconut oil superfood, checkout our complete overview of everything on Coconut oil reviews, health benefits, and why it’s important to have in your house hold.
What is virgin coconut oil?
To make this simple; virgin Coconut oil is coconut oil which hasn’t lost its virginity. A better definition of this is coconut oil in its purest from which hasn’t undergone any chemical processing, heating or any other methods which alters the oil in anyway.
Top 20 health benefits of coconut oil
If you haven’t started using virgin coconut oil superfood in your everyday life, you’ll consider purchasing a bottle at your local store after reading these 20 health benefits.
- Improves memory and Brain function: The brain’s main source of energy is glucose, however sometimes this supply is limited thus the brain has to rely on ketones produced by the liver. Since coconut oil is easily digested by the body, it becomes an immediate source of energy to the brain to perform its many functions.
- Coconut oil is best for frying: Unlike soya bean oil which has the tendency to cause cancer and heart disease when heated, coconut oil does the contrary to prevent such as it is healthy and best recommended for frying.
- Coconut oil and Weight loss: While your everyday diet may help you gain weight, at least one teaspoon of coconut oil is proven to help with weight reduction. The fatty acids in coconut oil is different from those in other oils. For more information on weight loss review our best weight loss supplements and exercise to lose weight and build lean abs.
- Healthy drinks and smoothies: The miracle oil can be added to any delicious smoothie to offer more nutrition and a better taste
- Thyroid Disease: Why suffer from thyroid infections when you can try coconut oil superfood? Patients consuming up to 5 teaspoons full of coconut oil daily have experienced relief from thyroid disease along with many other health benefits.
- Heart disease: Coconut oil is known to reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (good cholesterol). With its healthy saturated fats, coconut oil is known for reducing the risk of many heart diseases likewise treating and preventing them.
- Healthy salads and delicious dishes: If you love having (fruits/vegetables) salads, then by adding a few drops of coconut oil to your salad will increase its health benefits and nutrition capacity.
- Replace traditional vegetable oil: Avoid using traditional vegetable oil and replace it with virgin/extra virgin coconut oil.
- Anti-aging: Coconut oil anti-aging effect helps to remove wrinkles and fine lines from your skin generally caused by stress, sun damage or exposure to substances in the environment.
- Hair: Coconut oil is very healthy for your hair to prevent damages and breaks. If you suffer from dry hair, dry scalp or dandruff, you should begin applying coconut oil to your hair frequently to make it shinier, silky and better in appearance.
- Enhances energy level: The ability for coconut oil to be easily digested makes it an immediate source of energy for the body and the brain. By consuming one table spoon of coconut oil is sufficient to provide instant energy which is healthy and doesn’t offer negative side effects in comparison to most energy drinks.
- Prevents and treats cancer: The use of coconut oil frequently inhibits cancer cells and forces them to self-destruct. Studies have shown that people who uses coconut oil frequently has a lower chance of contracting cancer in comparison to people who don’t. Coconut oil is also known for reducing the risk of cancer-causing pathogens and their toxins due to the presence of antimicrobial agents while increasing immunity of the body.
- Appetite suppressant: by consuming at least 1 teaspoon of coconut oil before meals will help to reduce your food intake and curb your appetite.
- Helps and prevents Type 2 Diabetes: Coconut oil helps patients suffering from type 2 diabetes and reduces the risk of ever contracting the disease by resuming the production of insulin of the pancreas, for patients whose pancreas is no longer functioning or able to produce insulin, regulate blood sugar levels and build up glucose resistance.
- Improves Digestion: coconut oil has strong anti-microbial benefits which when ingested help you to fight off nasty bacteria and bolster your immune system. Indigestion is generally caused by acid reflux and coconut oil helps treat and prevent the symptom from occurring.
- Treat and Prevent dry scaly skin: By applying coconut oil to your skin daily is scientifically proven to give you softer, toned and brighter skin. Whether you’re treating damaged skin or preventing it, virgin coconut oil is most recommended to beautify your skin and give that glow you always wanted.
- Natural Sun screen: The application of coconut oil to your skin before going out into the sun will not only moisturize your skin, but also prevent UV sun damage and sun burn.
- Make up removal: unlike baby wipes, coconut oil is most recommended for makeup removal to not only remove the makeup, but also rejuvenate and nourish the skin.
- Treat ringworm: The oil is also effective at treating ringworm thanks to the MCFA’s antivirus and anti-fungi properties which helps to soothe the itching and heal the infected area. Coconut oil also helps to soften the skin and prevent other infections from contaminating ringworm area.
- Help reduce heart burn: I personally suffer from this condition from time to time and I know the stressful feeling it comes with. Coconut oil helps to lubricate the walls of the throat and intestines likewise help to prevent acid reflux, one of the major contributors to heart burn.
If you haven’t used coconut oil before, now is a good time to get yourself a bottle or supplement. Before you jump into that, it is important to note that not all coconut oils are created equal. Virgin or Extra virgin coconut oil is the best option to get all the health benefits you’re seeking. These types of coconut oils are exempted from chemicals and heating processes which allows the oils to retain all their strengths. There are many other health benefits available from using coconut oil but i have only listed the top 20 here. Feel free to leave a comment to let me know what you think or continue the list. Also if you loved this article, please share it with your friends and families. Thanks